Unisex Restrooms – In order to accommodate all people on campus, Operations & Facilities Management developed a list of Unisex Restrooms (pdf).
To help facilitate a smooth transition back to work after childbirth, Washington University School of Medicine (WUSM) offers 26 lactation spaces for nursing mothers across campus. Each room provides a private space where nursing mothers are welcome to pump and includes a chair, small table, and an electrical outlet. Pumps, sinks, and microwaves are also available in some rooms. Please visit Facilities Management Department – Laction Rooms to learn more and to find a list of lactation rooms.
Health and wellness
- WUSM Bicycle Parking – The School of Medicine offers many bicycle amenities, including shower facilities, bike fix-it stations, and ample parking. Please view this interactive map to explore these amenities.
- WUSM Locker Rooms & Shower Rooms
Looking for help fitting family dinners into your busy schedule, visit these links to find quick and healthy dinner recipes:
- Eating Well – Quick and Healthy Recipes
- Food Network – Healthy Cooking Everyday
Religion & Faith
- 12-month Interfaith Calendar for 2022-23
- The Danforth Interfaith Chapel is located on the first floor of the Cancer Research Building and is available for all faith group denominations. For more information on religious life at Washington University, please visit the Office for Religous, Spiritual and Ethical Life.
The Washington University Medical Center Housestaff Auxiliary (WUMCHA), a department of Barnes-Jewish Hospital, has acted as a support group to address the unique needs of spouses, partners, residents, fellows and attending physicians affiliated with the Medical Center since 1982. These people, the majority of whom have relocated to St. Louis, have special life stresses that WUMCHA strives to address.
The Saint Louis Regional Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (STLR HERC) is a collaborative response of member institutions to the many challenges of academic recruitment and retention. As a non-profit consortium of higher education and affiliated employers, our sole aim is to help the most diverse and qualified candidates find the right jobs at our institutions.